Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feeling pregnant

So, we're a little over the 22 week mark. I apologize for skipping week 21... for those of you who are following the fruit size, last week was a banana ;)

A couple days ago for the first time a complete stranger asked how far along I was :) I guess I'm looking pregnant!

And I'm feeling more pregnant too. Aside from some light headedness, I feel great. Baby and uterus have migrated south mind you, giving my tummy and diaphragm less room. As a result I get short of breath really quickly, especially after a meal.

I'm feeling baby throughout the day now, and it's getting much stronger. Before the southward migration Todd and my mom got to feel some good kicks!

I had an OB appointment yesterday, and got some really great news! My placenta has moved up and it's right where it should be! He also cleared me for Disney, which is about two and a half weeks away! He did a quick ultrasound to see if he could determine the sex for me, but low and behold baby was sound asleep and in the wrong position ;) He said he'd try again next time :)

I'm getting nursery fever. I think that's going to become a priority when we get back from Disney.

So, 22 weeks and feeling great. I'm enjoying it because I know that soon the weight will really start to pack on and I'll get progressively more and more miserable, lol. I'm calling this my honeymoon.

And for those of you who are still interested, according to www.thebump.com:


Baby's now the size of a papaya!
Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment