Monday, June 13, 2011

27 weeks, and some big news!

So we had several busy weeks which didn't leave a whole lot of time for blogging, so I apologize about that!

Todd and I joined his family for a weeks vacation in Disney. It was every bit as magical as I remember it being last time :) From a pregnant lady point of view, I actually handled the walking better than I thought I would... I did get very hot one day, thankfully there were plenty of air conditioned areas for me to go in and cool off. We adjusted our game plan the following days, retreating to the hotel during the hottest part of the day for a swim and hitting the parks again when things had cooled off a little :) I did find that by the end of the week I was swelling pretty badly. This was probably a combination of all the heat, walking, and sodium in the food. I was back to "normal" again a couple days after I got home.

A couple of days after we got back I had my next scheduled OB appointment. At our request, he did a quick ultrasound to see if he could determine the sex. Our little Muffin was FINALLY in the right position, so he was able to confirm that we are in fact having a little girl! We are exited to finally know, and that we don't have to refer to her as "it" anymore.

I had my one hour glucose test this week as well, and will likely get the results next Monday at my next OB appointment. We've also registered for our pre-natal classes, which start in July.

On the baby front, The third trimester is just week away. I'm feeling more and more distinct movement, and can usually "tell" how baby is positioned. My belly looks different on a day to day basis depending on how she's sitting :)

-----

So according to www.thebump.com:

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means he's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A little girl! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to write back such an awesome response. I'm so excited for your girl! (I'm secretly hoping for a girl...) I loved reading about your stud and how adorable he's being. I'll definitely keep reading as often as I can to get updates :)

    Next hurdle: telling my husband's parents! Eek! We're flying home tomorrow night to spend 2 weeks with them. We'll see how this goes.

    Enjoy having conversations with your little lady!

    ReplyDelete