Monday, February 28, 2011

11 weeks! Errrr... 12 weeks?

So I had my second NT scan today. I had one on Thursday but they were unable to get the measurements they needed.

Thursday Todd came with, and it was so much fun. Baby was wide awake and jumping around like a monkey in there. I was great to see.

Today, mom came which was also awesome! As soon as the u/s started mom saw a very clear hand (I missed it!). It was a bit more detailed today, it's amazing how much things change in just a couple of days. While baby wasn't as active as Thursday, there was still some movement, a few arms flying up for questions and all that.

CRL was 55mm, BPD was 19mm and NT was 1.4mm. The tech didn't explain any of that to me (they are sending everything to the doctors) but google tells me anything under 3mm for the NT is good, so that's cool.

Now as far as the CRL of 55mm... that would put me at exactly 12 weeks! So, am I 12 weeks? Not sure, I guess when I go back to the doctors he'll go over all that with me.

In the meantime, I'll post both of these. According to www.thebump.com:



Baby's now the size of a lime!
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.







Baby's now the size of a plum!
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment