Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ten weeks

I can't beleive the dreaded week ten is already here!

I should be a mess, I suppose. But for some reason I'm not. Hopefully that reason is instinct that everything is OK.

It's a big week this week.

A side from being the week I lost the baby last time, we also have our first OB appt on Tuesday, and come Thursday, I will officially be more pregnant than I ever have been.

I'm actually more nervous about the OB appointment that I am about spontaneously miscarrying. I've heard of far too many people who go for that first ultrasound positive that they're going to see a little heartbeat, and instead they find out that they have essentially become a tomb. I'm going to be a nervous wreck on Tuesday.

That's the thing about being PAL. You have a very real understanding that these little fetuses are very fragile, and that even if you do everything right things can still go very very wrong.

The good news is, I'm still puking, I'm still having very vivid dreams, and my boobs are still killing me.

So, about baby this week! (From thebump.com)

Baby's now the size of a prune!
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment